I am a
first second third fourth year Ph.D. student at Personal Robotics Lab, Imperial College London. My research interests cover many aspects of learning algorithms applied to assistive robots. This includes physical human-robot interaction, perception and manipulation, sim2real transfer learning, among others.
Currently, I am focusing on personalised robot-assisted dressing. My past research includes dexterous manipulation with underactuated hands and preoperative planning for surgical robots.
More information about personalized robot-assisted dressing can be found here. I have a recent recorded talk at IET event Human Motion Analysis for Healthcare Applications. My research has been reported by Bloomberg, The Times. Please refer to my CV for more information.
I would like to particularly thank Dr. Yanyu Su and Dr. Antoine Cully. Dr. Yanyu Su led me into the world of robotics. Dr. Antoine Cully offered great help in my early stage of PhD studies.
- Aug 2019 – In the Press: Robotic Nurse That Helps You Dress Could Aid Staff Shortage on Bloomberg, The Times, Daily Mail, Telegraph, South China Morning Post.
- July 2019 – The video of my talk about robot-assisted dressing at IET Conference Human Motion Analysis for Healthcare Applications is online now: https://tv.theiet.org/?eventvideoid=13345
- Mar 2019 – Paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Robotics! “Probabilistic Real-Time User Posture Tracking for Personalized Robot-Assisted Dressing”.
- Jun 2017 – Abstract accepted to The 2nd UK Robot Manipulation Workshop! “Personalized Robot-assisted Dressing using User Modeling in Latent Spaces”.
- Jun 2017 – Paper accepted to IROS 2017, Cananda! “Personalized Robot-assisted Dressing using User Modeling in Latent Spaces”.
- Jan 2017 – Paper accepted to ICRA 2017, Singapore! “Preoperative Planning for the Multi-arm Surgical Robot using PSO-GP-based Performance Optimization”.
- Aug 2016 – Best Student Paper Award! My paper “Preoperative Setup Planning for Robotic Surgery Based on a Simulation Platform and Gaussian Process” has been selected as the Best Student Paper of International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA 2016), China.
- Jul 2016 – Best Msc Thesis Award! My Msc thesis has been selected as Best Msc Thesis Award of Harbin Institute of Technology, 2016 (<10%)
- Jun 2015 – Paper accepted to IROS 2015, Germany! “An Under-Actuated Manipulation Controller Based on Workspace Analysis and Gaussian Processes”.